I don’t do super specific resolutions, because I feel like I am ever-changing and mid-year or every week I could come up with a new goal ya know? We shouldn’t limit our goals, dreams, or desires to just once a year, BUT with a lot of reflection on last year…I do have 20 short, but sweet tid-bits I’d love to do, accomplish, see or learn.
- Put down the Netflix, pick up some more Brene Brown
- Remind myself that I am good at what I do
- Understand that 26 is NOT old
- SAVE SAVE SAVE that mula
- Go to Vegas for my bachelorette partayyy
- Actually utilize my barre membership meaning 3+ times a week
- Continue to learn how to love every single part of my body
- This is a tough one for me…but have a little less care about what others think
- Know that it’s okay to not have myself completely figured out yet & find contentment knowing that I may never completely “figure myself out.”
- Give more compliments to others
- Give more compliments to myself
- Get paid collaborations with companies I whole heartedly love
- Work with local organizations that help abuse survivors
- REMEMBER THAT I DONT HAVE TO DO IT ALL RIGHT NOW OR THIS YEAR
- Continue to give my all to my students & host 2 more successful recitals
- Go somewhere warm with my sweetie and celebrate our marriage
- Clean my car more often (Kyle will appreciate this one)
- Visit my bff across the pond
- Start to plan my next trip to Australia
- Finally….have the most beautiful, romantic wedding EVER!!! 😉
I might not crush all of these and I will most likely revert back to old behaviors occasionally or forget to prioritize my mental health, because that’s life. I’m human. Make sure if you set goals or if you want to accomplish that HUGE dream this year that you also give yourself some grace and patience. It might not happen the way you want it to. Something unforseen may occur, but don’t be too hard on yourself! Happiness is an accumulation of doing the next right thing NOT doing everything all at once and working yourself to death.
Hope your 2020 is a year where you can love every piece of you and for those that are hurting, just know your broken pieces can be placed back together and YOU WILL feel whole again.